Page 1 of 3
DURA® UB-X650 Universal Beam is a newly innovated product suitable especially for Industrial Building System (IBS) such as buildings or warehouses construction which required light-weight, long span and durable system. DURA® UB-X650 made from the revolutionary composite material of ultra-high performance concrete and high-carbon-high-tensile steel fibres (UHPdC). It is an excellent solution for buildings with long span requirements of up to 22 m without intermediate support.
- DURA® UB-X650 consists of P.C. strands in longitudinal direction and typically prestress to 70~80% of the 'guaranteed' tensile strength of the strands. Strands used are 15.2 mm diameter 7-wire super strands (low relaxation) complying with AS 1311; with a guaranteed tensile load of 250 kN and ultimate breaking load of 270 kN.
- The UHPdC used for the DURA® UB-X650 has a characteristic compressive strength range between 120 to 140 MPa, and characteristic flexural strength of 20 MPa.
- DURA® UB-X650 eliminates the use of conventional steel reinforcing bars and stirrups (except starter-bars are provided at the end regions for connection purpose). All steel fibres used are made from high carbon steel wires with tensile strength over 2300 MPa.
Advantages of DURA® UB-X650
- DURA® UB-X650 is highly durable and impermeable. It is therefore suitable for use even in harsh environments.
- DURA® UB-X650 used "un-cracked section" design approach at SLS. Thus it further assures its serviceability and durability.
- DURA® UB-X650 is at least 2 times lighter than conventional precast RC beam (see Figure 2). Thus lead to ease of handling/transportation and installation.
- Scaffolding, props or formwork may or may not required over the supports (depends of design).
- Reducing construction site activities, improving safety margins and eliminating in-situ casting work (except sealing of the construction joints and some minor details).
- DURA® UB-X650 is guaranteed to be volumetrically stable as they are steam-cured to minimized creep. This process also accelerates all long term shrinkage of the UHPdC.
- DURA® UB-X650 frames can be produced to desired length as specified by the designers.
- Due to its high durability, high ductility and high fatigue strength, it provides excellent resistance against impact and abrasion loads.
- DURA® UB-X650 supports the 'Green' vision as it is a more environmentally freely material compare to conventional beam such as RC beam and structural steel beam (see Figure 2).
- DURA® UB-X650 used special fiber to provide sufficient resistance in the event of fire.
Figure 2:Cost and environmental impact comparisons
- Next >>