DURA® PFS - Portal Frame System
DURA® Portal Frame System (PFS) is a newly invented system for the construction of warehouse/factory using the revolutionary composite material of ultra-high performance concrete and high-carbon-high-tensile steel fibres (UHPdC). It is an excellent solution for long span warehouse/factory which consists of overall width ranging 120 ~ 260 ft and each frame is spaces 30 ~ 40 ft apart.
- DURA® PFS compose of two major structural elements being the prestressed Dura® X650 Beam/Column and Dura® Connector.
- Dura® X650 Beam/Column are typically prestress to 70~80% of the 'guaranteed' tensile strength of the strands. Strands used are 15.2 mm diameter 7-wire super strands (low relaxation) complying with AS 1311; with a guaranteed tensile load of 250 kN and ultimate breaking load of 270 kN.
- The UHPdC used for the DURA® X650 Beam/Column and Dura® Connector has a cylinder compressive strength range between 120 to 140 MPa (equivalent to cube compressive strength of 130 to 160 MPa), and modulus of rupture over 15 MPa.
- DURA® X650 beam/column eliminate the used of conventional steel reinforcing bars and stirrups. All steel fibres used are made from high carbon steel wires with tensile strength of 2300 MPa.
- DURA® PFS are highly durable and impermeable. It is therefore suitable for use even in harsh environments.
- The construction sequence and method of DURA® PFS is similar to the conventional steel portal frame system where bolt & nut is used to connect the members.
- No scaffolding, props or formwork are required over the supports, thus reducing construction site activities, improving safety margins and eliminating in-situ casting work (except sealing off the construction joints and some minor details).
- Ease of handling/transportation and installation - DURA® PSF is about the same total weight when compare to steel structures.
- Members used in DURA® PSF are guaranteed volumetrically stable as steam curing was employed to reduce creep and accelerate all long term shrinkage of the UHPdC.
- DURA® PFS can be produced to desire dimension with incremental width of 10 ft. Spans outside the indicated range can be considered on request.
- Due to its high durability, high ductility and high fatigue strength, it provides excellent resistance against impact and abrasion loads.
- Dura® PFS is supporting the green visionary as it is a more environmental freely material compare to steel structure.
Design and Options
Table 1: Technical Data for DURA® PSF and X650 Beam/Column
|Length||L1||m(ft)||36.6 ~ 48.8
(120 ~ 160)
|L3||m||67 ~ 79
(220 ~ 260)
|L5||m||–||16.66 ~ 22.85|
|Sectional Area||Ag||x 103 mm2||–||100|
|Moment of Inertia||Ixx||x 109 mm4||–||6.708|
|Section Modulus||Ztop||x 106 mm3||–||20.64|
|Zbot||x 106 mm3||–||20.64|